With the growing popularity and a plethora of opportunities, voice search is becoming an important part of SEO. The Voice search trend is apparently new and is here to stay, for long.
Since inception, voice recognition technology has drastically improved and has gained a lot of popularity in the last decade. Google claims to have 95% accurate speech recognition system and it’s not the only tech company in the world which is embracing it. The voice recognition system by a Chinese company, named iFlytek, claims to have an accuracy of 98%.
Voice is, therefore, transforming our approaches to technology and the internet, but what impact is it having on search engine optimization?
A large number of consumers these days use voice search to look for products and services online, as it’s much more convenient than typing.
Given the huge rise in the adoption and use of voice, the impact on businesses will be considerable. If you optimize your website and its content for voice searches, you’ll drive more of organic traffic to your website and will also improve your search rankings.
The sooner you leverage, the better it is for your business to gain a competitive edge. So, let’s take a look at a few significant voice search trends and stats to see how important it is to jump on the bandwagon and join the voice search revolution as soon as possible. Start with these crucial voice search stats in mind and harness the full power of voice search!
Why voice search is the future of site search?
- 30% of web browsing will be screenless by 2020
- 48% of the consumers are using voice technology for general search queries
- 27% of people are using mobile voice search
- More than 50% of smartphone users now use voice search
- 2 in 5 adults perform a voice search once every day
- Google’s voice search supports more than 100 languages
- The English language has 95% accuracy rate in Google’s voice search
- 25% of younger adults aged 16-24 use mobile voice search
- 4.6 seconds is needed to load a voice search result page
- 29% of consumers leverage voice assistants to ask quick questions
- Men account for more monthly voice search users than women
- 35% of users use voice assistants to check the weather and news
- 32% of people use voice activated search daily instead of typing
- 46% of users perform voice searches to look for local business information on a daily basis
- The average Google voice search result contains only 29 words
- 20% of voice searches contain a combination of 25 keywords
- long-tail keywords account for approximately 70% of all search queries
- 51% of local business voice searches are restaurants and cafés
- 54% of monthly consumers are using voice for navigation and traffic
- 40% of consumers use voice to order or buy something every month
- 72% of smart speaker owners use their devices as part of a daily routine
- 43% of people shop online via voice-enabled devices
- 82% of shoppers research products or services online before buying anything
- There are more than 200 million smart speakers across the globe
- Smart speaker sales will surpass tablet sales by 2021
- 58% of consumers find local businesses using voice activated search
The stats above clearly show that the voice search is gaining rapid popularity and will continue to do so in coming years. It is one of the most popular SEO trend marketers are talking about and it will be the future of search engines. So, planning and setting up your voice search-based SEO strategy this year would be a wise move for any business owner or digital marketer.
Are you ready to optimize your content for voice search? The time to do it is now!